Every Kpop fan has their favorite group, and for those who are really very familiar with Kpop, they even have favorite groups in each genre. Here’s a fun list of Top 10 Kpop groups based on popularity of recent performance.
2. 2NE1 is comfortable and secure at number 2. With their expected world-class performances and much anticipated comebacks whether solo or as a group, these four women can surely dominate.
1. Girls’ Generation. You expected them to be in this position, didn’t you? There is no other spot for these 9 girls but #1. They are very active in the scene with their solo endorsements, dramas, musicals and now an upcoming world tour. Kpop is definitely in a girls’ generation.
3. SISTAR is a KPop girl group in rapid ascent. With their sultry steps and dominant vocals, they are out there to make their solid mark in Kpop as well. They will be coming back soon with “Give It To Me”
4. KARA Definitely knows how to stay relevant. Way over and past the scandals that plagued them against their management company and moving on to better things and to become better artists, KARA remains to be a permanent face of Kpop for international fans.
5. f(x) has the competitive formula. Rising to the front of the Kpop girl group leadership status, f(x) has been attracting international attention, recently being featured in SXSW and also collaborating with Anna Kendrick’s video humor website ‘Funny or Die’
6. Miss A, following Wonder Girls’ footstep while making their own mark makes it ahead at the sixth spot. It surely does help that their music is catchy, and of course the fact that the “nation’s first love” is part of the team. Adding to that, the nation’s first love has power vocals.
7. Wonder Girls made the girl group idol phenomenon what it is, as they pushed the Hallyu wave overseas with “Nobody” from years ago. While out of the limelight due to solo pursuits, these girls are not yet nobodies. Need proof? Their single, “Tell Me” has recenltly been crowned the best Kpop idol track of all time. Well-deserved.
8. 4MINUTE quickly rose to the charts as they kept pushing the Kpop envelope making hot issues and making sure that Kpop fans will never have to ask them “What’s your name?”.
9. Brown Eyed Girls Compared to the average age of a typical girl group member, Brown Eyed Girls are more the big-sister girl idols. But they remain unfettered by negative comments, and has proven time and again that sexiness is not defined by consistently fierce performances, and not by age.
10. SECRET managed by TS Entertainment made it to the Top 10 due to their recent comeback. From being cute they transformed themselves to sexy goddesses and made a catchy impression.